Wtf! Why is everyone I know getting married?

I'm not against wedded bliss. I really am not. Sure I don't think badly of that major plunge people like to take, changing life as they know it ...for good. I don't mind that really. Just that I haven't found someone to convince me that it's really worth taking that plunge yet.

But that's not what this is about. This is about everyone I know, getting hitched...

I stumbled upon some wedding pictures of a junior from college. She looked very hot in her wedding gown, I've got to give her that. But looking at that, sort of led me to the edge. I've been to three weddings in a span of a few weeks and heard of a hundred more. Why is everyone getting married? Now that I'm saying it out.. it seems like an incredibly silly question to ask...so I scan through my list on google talk, find the one person I know who'd get exactly what Im thinking and go "dude- wtf! Why's everyone I know getting married!" To which I got my most comforting response- "I knowwwww!!!!!" Sighh....

Tis freaky... this whole getting married thing. Tis freaky on two levels.
One: It's just pure unadulterated freaky shit, I do not have good examples to go by on this whole wedding thing. So what if that by virtue of experience, makes me "doomed for failure"? I would never know until I do it, and then.. do I really want to know how much I suck at being married after I'm married? Ya see.. that be some freaky shit right there.

And then there's this other level.. one more real. What if, you never find that person, that one person who fits. And as I stated before, *convinces* you that well yeah.. you don't want to run anymore. What if that never happens?

See because it's not about the cakes and the noise on the day of the wedding, it's about what happens after. NO not immediately after, but after all the noise subsides, and after all the people leave. And there, right there, is where this person and all of it has to fit.
What if that fit never happens, and you have to settle?

I don't even know what I'm saying quite honestly. All these wedding pictures, and wedding food is messing with my brain.  I don't know what I want, but I'll know when I see it??? And until then I say- Fuck That Shit.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck that shit!!!
    I feel you on this one!!! it's just messed up!! i don't by the 'you'll know'
    It's like - I'll tell you what I know... I know that I'll never know!!!
    Ok just blabber! :)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Sure, why not, let me have it.