On Change.

I am not a fan of change. And I never have been. I have never jumped up in exhilaration at the first onset of change, and I have never embraced it with grace.
Change to me, is good, only when Hutch tells us they like being called Vodafone now, and promise us that "Change is Good".  Change is fine by me then. It's a different thing that I still call Hutch..well Hutch and not Vodafone, but hey, that change was fine by me.

Of course, there are times in my life, when I look forward to moving out of an old house and into a new one, or change the way I wear my hair, I don't mind change of the smaller kind; but the big ones, they don't just suffer going down my very narrow, inflexible throat, they don't go down at all. The moment the first dreary clouds of change begin to appear, you'll find me in a corner hurling my world out in despair.

I don't like it. I just don't.

And Change kills me more when she comes at a time when I struggle to find my constant. When I look around with glazed, dilated pupils for some sort of totem to cling onto, while my world around me crumbles. And today, Change has laid it's first blow on me. Leaving me with no one answering questions.

She's struck me with a steely knife, right when I marveled at how comfortable I was feeling; she's ripped that fluffy pillow of comfort right from under me, reminding me of the same truth I fight, Day upon Day.

But of course, I do understand how inconsequential my trials may be in this big blob of change that this world is all about. So I retreat, yet again, this time far deeper into my shell. I tried reaching out, that I can promise you; but only to blind eyes. So I retreat.

Let the change take on it's wildest most glamorous role, and I'll see how I respond to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure, why not, let me have it.