...

It's easy for a girl to feel un-pretty. I don't know why. But it is. It could be because we expect. Or it simply could be, because we don't give ourselves due credit.
Our stories tell us, that there can be only one princess. And just one prince to her rescue. One queen bee. And so here we are, a bunch of gazillion girls, wanting desperately to be that princess, who gets her prince.
We're looking to be rescued. Most of us. We want to be taken away, far away, to start all over again. And that's not a bad thing.

I'm a bit out of sorts.. it's been a while since I have been, and I'm not sure how I want to end this post today. So I'm going to leave it incomplete here. With a few words from a song sent to me by that beautiful icing on the very messy- home-baked cake that my life is, Miss A A.

You're that butterfly I get to keep, and anytime I need some magic dust, you're there, fluttering for me.

                                                                
                                I can feel so unsexy for someone so beautiful
                                So unloved for someone so fine
                                I can feel so boring for someone so interesting
                               So ignorant for someone of sound mind 

                                                           Alanis Morissette - So Unsexy

1 comment:

  1. What happened my sexy mama? Are you in the middle of a heartbreak warfare? You have vamoosed from FB also....I miss your status updates :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Sure, why not, let me have it.