....

Walking back home on an evening that isn't quite there yet. Lucky to have gotten off work early, grateful for the amazing place I work at, I see two men, talking, flirting, clinging to a prostitute. They're laughing their letchi laugh. Thirsty to get off, and you can see it in their eyes.

I wonder then. how so much good and so much bad finds this strange ratification on planet earth.

I see her surviving. And I see them... Well, I see them being Human.

This being human thing still perturbs me from time to time. All that power. And the futility of it all too. For all the clue we walk around so insolently with, we really haven't a clue.

We're a bunch of frightened, seemingly civilized monkeys who really know nothing more than what we believe we know.
Our beliefs make us. As amazing as that sounds, it's still quite unsettling. How much of what we belive is true anyway?

They hold her by the hand and pull her away into one of the buildings and as I watch them go, I'm suddenly glad to have this home I can go to. Sit in. Lay pointlessly in. Happy to know, that should I take flight, I can come back. Sometime. Anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure, why not, let me have it.