As far as you can tell

As much as you know, in the quietest corners of your mind, that you're "probably" better of this way. Sometimes, you still wish it could have been just a little bit different.
Sometimes, in those secret musings with your heart, you can't help but be candid, be unrealistic, be silly, and poetically sullen; wishing, that things could have been different.

Nothing needs to be wrong with how things really are, its just that the picture could be just a little bit different. Couldn't it? And you wonder why not.

What if she didn't have to die that way, what if he didn't have to. What if she loved, what if he stayed and what if, just what if, he still breathed... towering over me like the figure I often wish there was.

...Though I know, I'm "probably" better off this way.

Wishing things were different...somehow helps me blame reality. .... That it's not my fault. But all of reality's doing. So "what if" you played it differently life?

Would it really be that bad if you could be nice sometimes?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure, why not, let me have it.