I'll Miss Those Corridors

I'll miss those corridors for the rest of my life. The dusty stairs, the old building strenuously working towards a make over. The filled up cupboards with papers and bundles of it, standing right opposite a trusty new computer.

I'll miss the quietness of those corridors, early mornings and late evenings. And the images of it standing straight and beautiful in its emptiness if framed deep within the iron bars within my mind's heart. I'll miss it. The bumping into girls, glaring at each other for daring to think they were better than the other. Each fair in their own little battles. I'll miss the variety. The long skirts, the baggy pants, the great hair, the coolest bags, the questionable bags, the just right clothes, and that one particular girl perpetually fooled into her psychological tower of greatness by the length of her very ghastly heels.

I'll miss the rich brats, and the ones turning those very brats into queen bees.
And on many a summer afternoon, I'll think in fondness of the many paper plates, cups and wrappers I may have thrown into that red drum for a dust bin.

I'll miss the excitement of having really nothing to do and the sheer boredom of it all.

I will miss it all for the rest of my life. The tap tap tapping of the basketball on those cool October mornings. The little lady in the old rusted tuck shop, scrapping through the days with her maladies, he inescapable ability to keep you locked for a few minutes at least, and her trusty chocolate pastry spiders, reminding me "NEVER TO EAT IT AGAIN."

I'll miss the classrooms with two doors, and the insatiable sleep that could take over every ounce of the very last twitch on my face...Leaving me rested, sometimes drooling and secretly calm, knowing I'm still safe inside.

I'll miss all of it. Those shushed talks that grew in intensity and dipped as soon as danger was spotted. Those little controversies that popped up in every little pocket of those corridors. The little competitions that help us forget, or keep us deluded enough to think that THIS WAS LIFE.
I'll miss those heartbreaks shared with my girlfriends. Those strings of advices, those choice abuses and those tight silent hugs every time each one of us needed it. And that one aggressive word of support from your girlfriends, for anyone trying to hurt you. I'll miss the comfort of knowing that though the day had ended, I'll see them again right there, just like that, the very next day. And I'll miss the blessing of having got that day after day.

I'll miss that food, that didn't hurt the pocket and tasted better than anything else money can buy me today. The stinky toilets that surprised me at every visit, wondering, could GIRLS really be using this?? I was sure there some boys messing it up!

I'll miss the little misunderstandings, the tension at having disappointed a teacher we loved, and the egotistical consoling afterwards. The haven of peace, the magic of what lay beyond and the longing for more, while hoping what was would never end. I'll miss it all, in sweet, addictive pain for the rest of my life. And though there are some things I wouldn't miss, like the insufferable men and women sitting on their thrones in the mighty towers of administration. I'm still glad it all happened.

1 comment:

Sure, why not, let me have it.